Refine Your Flourish (4 evening workshop)
$600.00 Sold out
IMPORTANT NOTE: workshop date has changed to:
5 JULY + 12 JULY + 26 JULY + 2 AUG (THURS) | 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
[ Workshop Info ]
Refine Your Flourish - INTENSIVE SERIES - dip pen
This NEW series of workshops are tailored for calligraphers who want to refine their dip pen calligraphy and improve their flourishing skills (in Copperplate or Engrosser's Script or modern script).
Workshops will take place on every Thursday's evening, we will focus on technical exercises to train your eyes and hands on creating flowing smooth curves for both capitals and lower cases.
Through camera's projection, students will be able to practice along during the classes and receive personal feedback for their homework (optional) completed outside of the workshop hours.
To enhance their skills further, students will also receive complimentary seats to join the Calligraphy Jamming evenings and the Pen Meet at no extra costs!
• Workshop 1 - Fundamental elements and key concepts of flourishing + warm up exercises
• Workshop 2 - Analysis of flourishing from Masterwork + majuscule (capital letters) flourishing techniques
• Workshop 3 - Minuscule (lowercases) flourishing techniques
• Workshop 4 - Continue of minuscule flourishing techniques + calligraphy artwork design and layout
[ Date & Time ]
• Workshops: 5 JULY + 12 JULY + 26 JULY + 2 AUG (THURS) | 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
• Total 8 hours (4 evenings)
• All students will receive bonus entry to our calligraphy events at no extra cost:
• Calligraphy Jamming: 11 JUL + 25 JUL (WED) | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
• Pen Meet: 8 AUG (WED) | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
[ Workshop Fee ]
EARLY BIRD on or before 30 JUNE 2018
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$1,600
•"TWO-GATHER OFFER" - FOR 2 SEATS: HK$3,000 - save HK$200 if 2 people sign up together
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$1,800
•"TWO-GATHER OFFER" - FOR 2 SEATS: HK$3,400 - save HK$200 if 2 people sign up together
DROP IN FEE
***This registration will be available before the workshop dates.
• Students who are not able to commit for the 4 day workshop can attend single workshop by paying a "Drop In Fee". This fee allows you to attend the workshop on the specific date you choose when you register.
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$600
Drop In Options will become available on 4 JUL 2018
[ Workshop Bonus ]
If you sign up for the workshop, you will be able to:
• receive plenty of updated workshop notes and practice sheets
• learn immediately as you can practice along during the classes (I will set up a camera and projector for you to follow my demonstration)
• join our Calligraphy Jamming and Pen Meet in February for regular practices at no extra costs
• receive personal feedback for your homework (optional but not compulsory) completed outside of the workshop hours. I will be marking the practice and give you constructive feedback to really help you to improve!
• future priority to receive first hand oversea teacher workshop registration emails and info
Venue: Kalo Make Art Studio
Address: 18-20 Wyndham Street, Ivy House, Rm 201, Central, HK
Capacity: min. 6 students | max. 14 students
Language: English (with Cantonese supplements if required)
[ Workshop Materials ]
• Handouts and practice sheets will be provided at the workshops.
• Please bring along your favourite calligraphy penholder, nib and ink for this workshop.
[ Requirement ]
• you are required to have basic calligraphy skills (dip pen, pointed nib) prior to the workshop.
• you must be 18 years old or above to attend this workshop.
[ Important Note ]
By purchasing this workshop, you accept and agree to our TERMS & CONDITIONS, please see link on the side bar.
The workshop is sold as a series of 4 classes, workshop fee is strictly non refundable and non transferable.
Thank you for choosing Kalo Make Art for your calligraphy experience!