NEW - The Art of Spencerian Writing (4 evening workshop)
[ Workshop Info ]
The Art of Spencerian Writing
INTRO | BEGINNER | IMPROVER Level - dip pen
• DATES: 4, 11, 18, 25 FEB 2021 (THURS)
• TIME: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
• Total 8 hours (4 evenings)
[ Workshop Fee ]
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$2,000
• FOR 2 SEATS: HK$3,800 - save HK$200
• DROP IN: HK$600 per seat per workshop Drop In Options will become available a few days prior to the workshop’s start date
Kalo Make Art Studio
Room 201, Ivy Hse, 18-20 Wyndham St, Central
min. 4 students | max. 12 students
*number of participants may increase depends on the government restrictions*
[ Content ]
This 4-evening workshop will invite you to join the fascinating world of Spencerian Script. You will get to learn the history behind this beautiful script, which is over 200 years old! Topics will cover the history of Platt Rogers Spencer, postures, principle strokes, curvature and movement, nib manipulation and the element of shading.
Workshops will take place on every Thursday's evening, we will focus on technical exercises to achieve consistency in sizes, forms and structure for both majuscules (capitals) and minuscules (lower cases).
Through camera's projection, students will be able to practice along during the classes and receive personal feedback for their homework (optional) completed outside of the workshop hours.
• Workshop 1 - Fundamental strokes of majuscules
• Workshop 2 - Fundamental strokes of majuscules
• Workshop 3 - Fundamental strokes of minuscules
• Workshop 4 - Fundamental strokes of minuscules
[ Workshop Bonus ]
If you sign up for the workshop, you will be able to:
• receive plenty of updated workshop notes and practice sheets
• learn immediately as you can practice along during the classes (I will set up a camera and projector for you to follow my demonstration)
• receive personal feedback for your homework (optional but not compulsory) completed outside of the workshop hours.
• priority to receive first hand information on oversea teachers' workshops and special events.
[ Workshop Materials ]
• Handouts and practice sheets will be provided at the workshops.
• Calligraphy nibs, inks and penholders are available for students to try out during the workshops.
• Please bring along your favourite calligraphy penholder, nib and ink for this workshop.
[ Who's Suitable ]
• You are NOT required to have basic calligraphy skills (dip pen, pointed nib) prior to the workshop.
• You must be 18 years old or above to attend this workshop.
[ Important Note ]
• all sales are final;
• workshop fee is non-refundable;
• this workshop is sold as a set of 4 lessons, make up class is not available.
• by purchasing this workshop, you accept and agree to our TERMS & CONDITIONS, read the full details from link on the side bar before you place the order.
Thank you for choosing Kalo Make Art for your calligraphy experience!